Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog Post #7

Randy Pausch: The Last Lecture Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Mr.Pausch is such an inspirational man. He opens the video by sharing a bit of personal history. He tells us that he is battling liver tumors. The doctors have not given him long to live at all. However, he requires no oooos and ahs or pity. He wants none of he such. He is at peace with his condition and proves it by doing some great push ups! This is the kind of person that is out to inspire folks. You cannot go around expecting things from people, such as pity. He had my attention from the get go.

His main objective is to share his testimony of some of the dreams he has accomplished and inspire others to do the same. So many times, we grow up and give up on our childhood dreams. Most of the time we don't even realize it or maybe we think it is just silly now. He shares some of his experiences such as experiencing zero gravity, working on an Alladin project with Disney, and meeting William Shatner. He stresses never giving up on your dreams.

Mr.Pausch is a truly extraordinary man. he has inspired me to continue with my dreams no matter how old I am. I hope I will never forget the lesson he has taught me through this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment