Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog Post #5

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

These children were absolutely adorable to listen to. They did a wonderful job! I wish that I would have been introduced to technology earlier in my life. These children do not know how much of an advantage they are getting by learning about this early in life. Their podcast was adorable, and I would love to hear more from them!

100 Ways to use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

These are some awesome tips. I knew a lot of them, but there were several that I have never heard of before. It is amazing how a simple music player can turn into so many other things. Apple has created a truly ingenious piece of technology. This simple iPod has the ability to turn any ordinary study session into something extraordinary. Not only do you have WiFi internet on it, but you also have applications that you can download to your iPod. The applications can provide anything from Spark notes to recipes to games and much more. I believe that everyone should check what educational values the Apple iPod has in store.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

I learned some new things from this blog. I had no idea where the term podcast came from. It only makes sense to me now that it is a mix of broadcast and iPod. I agree with Judy 100% when she says to give pod casting a chance. I believe that it is a great way to get children involved in the subject. Like Judy said, children love sharing what they have learned. It is a sense of accomplishment for them. I also love her list of tips she left. I agree with her that you should let the children feel like they are in control. They will enjoy it more.

The children at Eagle Nest Radio has really inspired me. If they can learn how to use a podcast, so can I. The most helpful thing to me would be Judy Scharf's tips for conducting a podcast with your class. I believe that this is something that I can use in my future when I get my own class!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hailey!

    I agree on how adorable the children at Eagle Nest Radio sounded. To be so young, they did such a great job!

    I also find it a little humorous that I didn't know the term podcast was a mix of iPod and brodcast either... makes sense.

    On my post, I didn't comment ono the 100 Ways to use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better. After reading what you said about it though, I'm going to go back and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Hailey!

    I also agree, letting children have control makes the learning more meaningful. Podcasting is a great way to do this. It offers the teacher (coach) the flexibility to be as structured or non-structured as is required by the given situation and the given group of students. Podcasting is a tool that should be in every teachers toolbox. I hope you will use it with your future students.

    Your blog looks great. Be sure to proof read before posting. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete